Traditional investing could come with considerable risk. But when you invest in high-interest certificates at Camino Federal Credit Union, you can enjoy guaranteed growth at a competitive interest rate and watch your finances shine. We have been serving the Montebello community since 1941. Our passion is helping our members build a bright financial future and make the most of their money.
Do you want a low-risk option that enables you to grow your money? Learn more about certificates, how they work, and if they are right for you.
What Are High-Interest Certificates?
High-interest certificates are an investment option offered by financial institutions. Opening a certificate account is a low-risk savings option and an easy way to grow your money. When you open a certificate account, you leave your money in it for a predetermined term in exchange for earning more interest and higher returns than most traditional savings accounts.
What Are Key Features of High-Interest Certificates?
High-interest certificates have several features to be aware of. We offer terms that range from 6 months to 5 years. Longer terms could come with higher rates and yields and present a great investment opportunity. Some certificates come with a minimum deposit to open an account.
Certificate accounts also come with fixed interest rates guaranteed for the term, so you can benefit from a certificate through guaranteed, predictable growth. High-interest certificates also have multiple term and deposit options to suit your needs.
Another notable feature is that certificate accounts are federally insured by the NCUA, providing additional security to your investment and crucial peace of mind.One of the most important features of high-interest certificates, however, is that because they have higher interest than the average certificate, you enjoy a higher return on the account! As a result, with a high-interest certificate, you can grow your money even faster.
What Are the Benefits of High-Interest Certificates?
Several reasons exist that could make opening a certificate account a great way to capitalize on benefits and advantages, such as:
- Safety and security: When you open a certificate account with a credit union, it will be federally insured by the NCUA, so you know your funds are safe and sound..
- Protection Against Inflation: Inflation can erode the value of money over time, so finding ways to protect against it is essential, especially in the current economic climate. High-interest certificates are investment options that hedge against inflation because the fixed interest rate means that savings could earn more than the rate of inflation.
- Higher, guaranteed returns: Due to their fixed interest rates, you can choose how much you earn before you invest in a certificate account, and that return will be guaranteed with higher rates than most traditional savings accounts. Because of this, you can predict exactly how much you will earn at the end of the term and eliminate the unknown, which can be a great advantage when investing.
- Diversification of savings: For short and long-term goals, investing in a certificate account can enable you to diversify how your money earns interest, so it is not all in a single account, and laddering accounts amplify growth and increase liquidity.
- Easy to Manage: High-interest certificates are easy to open and require minimal management on your part. You do not need to apply or wait for approval. All you have to do is be a credit union member, make the minimum deposit, and wait for the maturity date to receive the returns on the account. Because of this, high-interest certificates are an easy way to invest and grow money.
- Credit Union Perks: Because share certificates are unique products offered by credit unions, you must open an account to open a certificate. As a credit union member, you also enjoy the perks of being a member while enjoying the guaranteed return of a certificate, such as better rates and lower fees, personalized customer service, and banking with a financial institution that has a community focus.
Who Should Use a High-Interest Certificate?
Several different kinds of investors could benefit from using a certificate. The first is a beginner investor. Investing in a certificate account is a low-risk option to grow your money, and it’s easy to manage.
For people who want to increase their short-term savings, a certificate account can be a great option, too. With terms as low as six months, you have to make a deposit and wait for your savings to grow before taking out the money at the end of the term.
Opening a certificate account is also a great option to diversify your portfolio or for risk-averse investors. Because these accounts are federally insured by the NCUA and you enjoy a guaranteed, fixed rate, you will know exactly how much you stand to gain.
The low-risk nature of certificate accounts also makes them a good complement to long-term retirement plans like IRAs and 401(k)s. Investing in a certificate account can be a great way to secure and supplement your retirement income.High-interest certificates can also be an effective strategy to cover college expenses or to create an emergency fund. Generally, you want to have about six months’ worth of emergency income you can access, which is what you can build with a certificate.
Open a High-Interest Certificate Account Now
If you are interested in maximizing your savings with a guaranteed return, opening a certificate account could be a great investment opportunity to start building a bright financial future. With a certificate, you get guaranteed, fixed-rate growth backed with federal insurance for your security and peace of mind.
Visit our Certificate Accounts Page and open an account today to make the most of your money.